Here’s our unique twist on the classic “Smokin’ a Fatty,” which was a standout favorite at the Annual PNW Eggfest. This recipe is a surefire hit for any gathering. We extend our gratitude to all those who showed their support by stopping by.
‘Lil Fatties RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 lbs Jimmy Dean’s Breakfast Sausage
¾ cup oregano
¼ cup freshly ground pepper
¼ cup garlic powder
- For the Poppers
2 lbs Pepper Jack cheese
3 lbs Bacon
1 bottle of Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
1 box of toothpicks
- Cut cheese into small bite sized cubes. Cut jalapenos in half and clean. Cut into small chunks the same size as the cheese cubes.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds.
- Wrap a meatball sized piece of seasoned sausage around 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece of jalapeno chunk. Wrap with bacon and secure in place with a toothpick. Do these 115 more times!!
- Start your Big Green Egg. With a plate setter upside down or other indirect cooking method, place and smoke at 350. I use hickory or mesquite wood chips. Don’t forget a drip pan, those grease fires will get ya’. After about 20-25 min, or when you determine your ‘lil fatties are about done, baste with Raspberry chipotle sauce. What I do is pour your chipotle sauce into a bowl and drop the ‘lil fatties in. Completely cover and place back on the grill for another 10-15 min smoke.
- Pull off the grill and share with a hundred of your closest egg-thusiasts!!