In Seattle, Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is an institution. Nestled in the heart of Pike Place Market, you can watch their signature cheeses being made including their Flagship which defies definition being made while munching on their Famous Grilled Cheese or Mac and Cheese. There’s a reason why Oprah named their Mac one of her “Favorite Things” causing a nationwide run on it. We wanted to recreate this taste for a Spring/Summer favorite – Burgers. Replace that boring slice with a cheese sauce so good, you’ll want to use as a dipping sauce. After a fair amount of experimentation, here is a delicious and Keto-friendly recipe sure to wow everyone.
3/4 c. Heavy Cream
2 c. Beecher’s Flagship (small wedge)
1 c. Shredded Sharp Cheddar (your favorite type)
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp. Chipotle Pepper
1/4 c. Almond Flour (as needed)
- In small saucepan, bring heavy cream just to boil under medium heat.
- Grate Beecher’s Flagship, thick grate is fine.
- While stirring with a whisk, slowly add Beecher’s into heavy cream under med-low heat.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese
- Continue to heat, to thicken, add a little Almond flour
- Add Cayenne and Chipotle pepper to taste
- Remove heat, a film may develop this is not a problem just reheat and stir.
- Pour over burgers fresh off the grill to the the delight of everyone