On a delightful spring weekend, we sought a refreshing appetizer that would complement the sunny weather. Our choice landed on grilled shrimp served over guacamole and English cucumber. The combination creates the perfect bite-sized treat, ideal for enjoying the outdoors. To accompany this delightful dish, we suggest a crisp Chardonnay or a Sauvignon Blanc for those who prefer a different white wine option. We particularly enjoyed the 2016 JM Cellars Chardonnay, which provided a balanced flavor profile without overwhelming oakiness.
This recipe is not only quick to prepare but also suitable for serving a crowd, making it ideal for gatherings and events. We conducted several test runs to ensure we found the best approach. In our exploration, we discovered the remarkable line of Kosmo’s Q Clean Eating rubs. After careful consideration, we settled on the “Freakin’ Fiesta” rub to add a delightful kick to the dish. By keeping the guacamole slightly chunkier in texture, we found that it held together better, particularly for those of us who enjoy savoring these two-bite wonders.
Firecracker Shrimp with GuacamoleCourse: Grills, Misc, Recipes, Seafood, StartersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1-2 English cucumbers, washed but not peeled
1 avocado (or chunky guacamole to your preference)
1 bottle of Kosmo’s Q “Freakin’ Fiesta” rub
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 tsp Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Start by washing and drying the shrimp. Place them in a bowl and drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over them, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Add about 4 tablespoons of Kosmos Q’s Freakin’ Fiesta rub or your favorite to the bowl with the shrimp. Mix well until the shrimp are thoroughly coated with the rub.
- Preheat your grill to direct heat. Carefully place the shrimp on the grill and keep a close eye on them, as they will only need a few minutes to grill on each side.
- While the shrimp are grilling, prepare the English cucumbers. Slice them at an angle into thin slices that are wide enough to hold the guacamole and shrimp.
- Spoon a dollop of guacamole onto each cucumber slice, and then place a grilled shrimp on top.
- Finally, give the dish a burst of flavor by squeezing a little fresh lime juice over the shrimp before serving.