This is my new go-to glaze for friends who like their ribs or ham – sticky and sweet with a little heat with simple ingredients you already have in your home. I prefer a good Kentucky whiskey, but whatever your favorite is will do. We love this recipe as a finishing glaze to ribs, but also adds some zing to crispy bacon or even donuts for brunch!
Spicy Vanilla Bourbon GlazeCourse: Recipes, Dessert, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup bourbon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat, being careful not to burn.
- Add red pepper flakes, sugar, bourbon. Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- Once thickened, remove the saucepan and whisk in vanilla.
- Optional: Using a long matchstick, ignite the fumes above the mixture for effect. Be careful no flammable items are above or around the saucepan!
- Drizzle glaze over Ribs or ham to finish off. Other options include grilled peaches or even as a dipping sauce or glaze for cooked bacon. Enjoy!